5 Home Improvement Tips to Add Value to Your HouseThursday, November 04, 2010
For the budget-minded homeowner, it can seem like a daunting task to tackle home improvement projects and increase your resale value. However, by following a few of these simple suggestions, you will be able to make a big impact on buyers without breaking the bank.
- Painting: The easiest and most inexpensive way to make a big impact is by painting the interior and exterior of your house. Choose neutral modern colors, and ensure a professional application, and you will see your investment pay off in a big way down the line.
- Kitchen and bathroom remodeling: All the experts agree that if there’s only a limited budget, it is best spent focusing on kitchen and bathroom upgrades. From new faucets and appliances to tiles and counter tops, a few modern, tasteful investment pieces can make all the difference.
- Finishing an attic or basement: By finishing a room in either the attic or basement, you will be able to increase the square footage of your home and attract more buyers. In addition, if you can put in an extra bathroom at the same time, your house will become a more versatile and appealing buy.
- Windows and doors: By installing modern windows and doors within your home you will increase both its attractiveness and its energy efficiency. Focus on simple styles that enhance the aesthetic value of your home, and ensure they are Energy Star guaranteed.
- Epoxy flooring: Cover over stained and worn cement in your basement, bathrooms, and garage with an epoxy floor, which will immediately provide the area with a fresh, professional finish. Epoxy floors also work to prevent water damage and seepage, making them an attractive option for their protective qualities.